Sunday, March 25, 2012

Book Review #10

I've really enjoyed reading Talking with my Mouth Full, My Life as a Professional Eater by Gail Simmons.  Who is she and why did you read the book other than the delightful title?  She is the Host of Top Chef: Just Desserts and she's a regular judge on Top Chef, a reality show that my whole family enjoys.  And mostly, I loved the title of the book, not because I was a huge fan of Gail.  However, after reading it, I am a bit of a fan of her.  Her story is very interesting and filled with hills and valleys, like my life (well, I'm not sure I'd call mine VERY interesting, just interesting).  When she started college, there was no reality TV. She now is on two of those shows and the book chronicles how she got there.  If you've ever watched her on TV, the book reads just like you'd expect her to be sitting across from you telling the tale.  I especially liked that.  And really, in my next life, I think I would quite enjoy being a professional eater!

No comments:

Post a Comment