Monday, March 12, 2012

8)  You know, I have said over and over again that I don't want to be the slacker mom with this decade later child.  BUT, when it comes to his religious ed, I am the slacker mom.  This Lenten Journey is our chance to rebuild and grow in our faith and religious education.  So last night, I pulled his bible out.  Oh he complained.  He hollered and covered his ears.  But after backing him into a corner (I threatened not to read at all and since it is our special time he caved), he sat down and we did shared reading (a page for me, a page for him) starting with Genesis and the creation of the world.  We're still trying to get that down.  And then, wait for it, HE ASKED ME TO READ ANOTHER BIBLE STORY!!!  I'm not sure that if it becomes a habit, that each time I will count is as apart of our Journey, but what a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment