Friday, March 30, 2012

Book #14: Still not my Spring Break Read

So this is what happened.  I was reading one book and had to return it to the Library.  I had started another book when I decided I wanted a light, comical romance, so I picked up and read Thanksgiving (reviewed earlier this week).  Then I went back to my current read.   And the book I had returned to the library came in again so I picked it up and started it again.  But then I went back to this one because it is due back first and I want to clear my table so when I read the other I can take notes... it's a teaching me book.  The Journal of Best Practices  A Memoir of Marriage, Asperger Syndrome and One Man's Quest to Be a Better Husband was an excellent read and one I didn't really want to put down because you kinda lose the perspective and it takes a little to get back into it.  This brave soul "changed" himself to become a better husband and father after learning, as a adult, he has Asperger Syndrome.  I felt truly like I was walking a mile in his shoes while reading it, rooting for him the ENTIRE way.  His wife's perspective isn't shared with us except through the author's eyes, but I couldn't help thinking "How do you do it?"  When the answer was clearly "LOVE".  And commitment.  And probably an overwhelming sense of "one day at a time".  I also spent my time wondering how these special people find their soul mate, like this author.  And praying that the son of my oldest and dearest friend finds his soul mate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment