Saturday, February 4, 2012

Snow Day!

I have to ask... do you view a snow day as a bonus day to get stuff done or as a bonus day to do nothing?  I viewed as a get nothing day!  Unless you count a game of Risk with both kids, some Sequence games, a Jukem game and reading both alone and with my boy as doing nothing.  Yes, then the college boy and I chatted for a couple hours and I tried a new recipe:  Shrimp and Grits.  Kept hearing about it on Top Chef, but finally a recipe kinda landed in my lap, I had all of the ingredients so I fixed it.  YUMMY!  Even my hubby (who I actually fixed a different dinner for) tried it and pronounced it good enough to make again.  And I got all caught up on Desperate Housewives.  And I shoveled snow.  Yes, I viewed it as a do nothing day and it was perfect.

However, I must mention a new system!  Remember a couple weeks ago when on the clear out phase?  I deep cleaned both bathrooms?  Well, Wednesday morning, I dashed around them with cloth and cleanser and in less than 10 minutes, they were spic and span again.  Now I don't work on Wednesdays, so a quick bath clean should be EASY to fit into my day.  So, Wednesday mornings, I will be cleaning the bathrooms.  New system.  Check in next week to find out if I was successful!  Happy Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. I like to think of snow days as God's way of grounding me. He's saying "slow down; breathe; relax; what's so important that you need to be doing anyways" and so much more. I love snow days. And you found a great way to spend yours!

    ReplyDelete