Thursday, February 23, 2012

1) My teenager had not heard of the Divine Mercy Chaplet.  Of course, neither had my first grader.   I was proud that my teen knew where his Rosary beads were and he surprised himself (grimace from the mom that it was a surprise to him) by remembering the Hail Mary.  We all prayed the Our Father and my first grader has committed to learning it.  Now, I secretly think that he already knows it, but nevertheless, if he wants quality time with mom practicing then we can do that.  We also discussed both the traditional Rosary and the Divine Mercy Chaplet.  Today we prayed the Divine Mercy Chaplet.

1 comment:

  1. You rock and are an awesome mom!! Your boys are so lucky to be on this journey with you!! I really like the bean jar and have been thinking of doing that too but we did the crown of thorns. So I guess I don't know if we should do both. Another thing I have been trying to figure out is something similar to the Jesse tree during Advent and doing something like that for Lent. That isn't going to happen this year but maybe next year. Something for younger kids, like Emma, is to put a paper cross on the wall and every day during Lent she gets to put a flower or some other sticker or whatever you want it to be on the cross. It sort of acts as a count up to Easter!

    ReplyDelete