Friday, February 24, 2012

Snow Day = Good Book

Snow days in our house generally mean laziness and enjoyment of each other.  So the 1st grader and I played 8 different games (and multiples of several of them).  Then I settled under my snuggi with One for the Money by Janet Evanovich.  It was a mystery and I haven't read many of those in a few years (unless you count the Calendar Mysteries by Rob Roy and The Magic Tree House books).  I really liked it!  It was a fast read and very quick paced in the book with lots of action (some of it icky).  As soon as the library web site comes back to life, I will be requesting more of the books in that series! 

I forgot to mention that on Monday I read another Debbie Macomber two-in-one book Learning to Love.  It was a great brainless holiday read while the teen did homework and the first grader enjoyed the outdoors.  Yes, I guess I should have been wiping up bathrooms, mopping floors and cleaning something, but I just can't resist a good book.  And I was still in recovery mode from the cold.  And yesterdays good read means I have read 8 books since joining the Pikes Peak Library's Adult reading challenge so I am going to pick up my prizes and have my name entered for a Kindle Reader today!Have a Happy Friday and a Wonderful Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment