Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A Catholic Prepares for Lent...

This week, as Lent begins, I am preparing.  I am doing some careful consideration to how to prepare my family.  Once upon a time, I was much more into living my faith.  And somewhere, life happened and I let family prayer time go.  Part of it was our busy lifestyle.  Part of it was my husband's lack of support.  However, I have taken steps to lead a more prayerful life, and I am now ready to have my family join me.  College boy is already making mom proud with becoming a Eucharistic Minister at college and meeting regularly with the youth advisor to discuss the Bible.  Wow.  Now it's time to involve the two boys at home.  As you and your family prepare for Lent, would you be willing to share with me how your family prepares?

Other notes to share...
I have been ill.  I had a wicked cold.  BUT, I am better.  Without a trip to the doctor and medicines.  I definitely attribute this to 2 things:  1) I have been exercising and therefore I am stronger and better able to fight off infection  and 2) I rested.  I mean I really rested.  I read.  I stayed in jammies.  I used meals from the freezer and didn't shop.  Over 10 days, I really, really really rested.  Not just the first day, but the first and last day.  And I am better. So today I went to aqua zumba then kicked my laps.  Bringing up my next other note...

I kick my laps faster when I say the Rosary then when I bring my Ipod and listen to music.  True.  I have done it both ways and the three times I said the Rosary I got more done, or the same done in less time or (today) more done in less time.  I love how my friend Stina put it... I am "taking care of the temple and the soul it houses at the same time.  Win/Win!"

Breakfast is a constant.  Taxes are not done.  Connections continue to happen.  We paid off two credit cards this month so I am taking control of my finances again.  Holiday letter not done.  Mail still in box.  Ups, downs, ups, downs.  This is why it is a 52 Week Journey.  Happy Mardi Gras!

No comments:

Post a Comment