Monday, February 27, 2012

3)  So the teenage boy and I were driving home from Denver on Saturday.  I said to the boy, "Hey, you know what I used to do when I was on a car trip with my Grammy?  We'd say the Rosary.  How about you and I say the Rosary?"  "I guess," was his response and for those of you that don't have a teen, that is code for yes.  So we did the Rosary.   Now as several of you know, we have been saying the Rosary or the Divine Chaplet in our bible study group.  So as I cruise into the 6th decade, my boy says, "We're done."  WHAT?  THERE ARE SEVEN DECADES.  "No, I know because we just used my Rosary the other day and their are only 5 decades."  HMMM.  OKAY, LET'S FINISH IT.  So we finished with 3 Hail Marys, an Our Father and a Glory Be as we don't have the Hail Holy Queen and the O God, Whose... memorized and I figured that was better than nothing of a finish.  Now, for those of you that are avid followers of my blog (and I'm not sure there are any, but let's assume there are), you know that I have been saying the Rosary while swimming laps. And yes, each time I have been using SEVEN decades.  Wow, I really need to work on this.  So I printed a new copy to keep with my bible study gear to review as needed.  http://www.newadvent.org/images/rosary.pdf  Another step in our Lenten Journey.

1 comment: