Thursday, February 2, 2012

No Mail, but How Do We Feel About the Rosary and Swimming Laps?

I did not get the mail yesterday.  I did not go through the box of mail yesterday.  I DID make connections with friends through lunch, visiting, watching the Bachelor.  Good Stuff.  And I went to a water circuit class... I really like this instructor.  I did not really like the lady who jammed in my ankle trying to get her d*** water.  REALLY, we're in water, how much water can you need?  Bygones...

After, I felt I should swim some laps since Tues I worked and never made it to the gym.  Monday was the first day I ever swam laps.  I should further explain that by laps I mean that I kicked with a kick board, primarily because I needed to hold my IPOD, encased in a Ziploc, out of the water.  But yesterday, my IPOD was in my car so I was left to entertain myself.  Down.  Down.  Down.  Back.  Back.  Back.  Gosh that was boring.  What can I do... make a grocery list, think of food.  Bad idea.  I know!  I could use this time to pray.  "Hello, Lord, I am bored.  That's not a good prayer.  I'll try again.  Hello, Lord, how much longer to the end of the pool and how long is this pool and oh by the way, thanks for the glorious day."  Down. Down. Down.  How about a Rosary?  I like to do the Rosary.  It reminds me of my Grammy.  I would travel with her and every day we would say the Rosary and listen to Glenn Campbell.  "Like a rhinestone cowboy, ooooooo!"  So I said the Rosary.  And when I finished, so had my 30 minutes of allotted lap time.  And I felt refreshed and peaceful.  However, I was wondering if it is sacrilege to get through your lap time by saying the Rosary?  I mean, it was kinda like killing 2 birds with one stone (women are the great multi-taskers of the world).  So what do you think?  Praying while exercising good or not so good?  Give me a shout and let me know.  In the meantime, have a wonderful Thursday and set-up a system to make your life easier.

3 comments:

  1. I think any occasion to spend time in prayer and with God is time well spent. Some walk, you swim laps. It's all good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are taking care of the temple (your body) and the soul that it houses all at the same time. Sounds like a win/win to me!

    ReplyDelete