Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Week 1:  Eat breakfast
So I hereby resolve to no longer call coffee with milk or 2 diet cokes breakfast.  It is the most important meal of the day; it sets your body up for success.  I'm not saying give up that coffee or pop if that's what you need to kick-start your day... I sure need the caffeine.  However, let's add some food (healthy maybe) to that.  I read an arcticle today that said that a banana is good, some eggs and milk were better but the best thing was this healthy concoction that had 400 ingredients, most of which aren't on my regular grocery list.  Now, I'm not saying that my grocery list doesn't need some tweaking... it does.  However, I am realistic enough to know that any breakfast I commit to must be easy and quick or it will never happen.  So the long and short of it is that breakfast should have some protien, some grains and some fruit.  Yesterday and today it was an english muffin with enough butter on it to make you say "mmmm!".  And I get the 100 calorie english muffins with 6 grams of fiber.  Yet tomorrow, I may shoot for an egg with it instead.  What do you eat in the morning?  Does cereal stay with you or does it leave you hungary for snacks an hour later?

No comments:

Post a Comment