Tuesday, January 31, 2012

New Week, Choose a Resolution already!

Soooo many ideas.  Which way do I go?  I choose systems.  I hate to get the mail.  Why?  I don't have a system in place for what to do with it.  I clean "on demand".  Someone is coming, it's time to clean.  But this generally displeases me and it is this way because I don't have a system.  I've had systems in the past, but as life evolved, I didn't evolve with it.  I haven't exercised regularly in years... why?  I felt I had to have a regular time etc.

So, this week I am examining my life for areas that need a system and then I am implementing one.  I solved the exercise dilemma over the last month:  if you are going to exercise daily and are a mom that is also a professional volunteer and works part-time, then there is no system.  You go when you can go.  Some days that will be in the morning, some in the afternoon and some in the evening.  Go when you can go.  If you then end up with an injury, don't quit... change your exercise to meet your abilities.  This is one thing I need to be flexible and determined with.  Which is why yesterday for the first time in my life, I swam laps.  I could her Dr. Steve's voice. "just keep swimming, swimming, swimming."  Household chores, mail, meals, laundry... what systems do you need to establish?  Join me in a week of streamlining your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment