Friday, January 6, 2012

So far this blog is only serving to hold me accountable, and it is working.  Today, I am going to venture off topic a bit and ramble.  Growing up Catholic, Christmas didn't end until today, the Feast of the Epiphany.  All decorations stayed in place, convenience be damned.  And generally I have followed that rule, but when my college boy left on Monday, I felt like Christmas had ended for us all.  So we took everything down on Sunday.  My good friend Stina, with her girl crew, is celebrating tonight and I am going to a swim meet.  But my thoughts will be across the country with her.  And they will be at another celebration closer to home.  Today is also the Angelversary of my dear friend Lisa's daughter, Lucy.  She has great neighbors who will be gathering tonight with her and I will be there, also, in spirit.  Together we will have pretty feet due to a pedi appt this morning, woo-hoo.  If you would, say a prayer, light a candle, for all mothers/families that have lost an angel. 
 Saint Lucy, your beautiful name signifies light. By the light of faith which God bestowed upon you, increase and preserve this light in my soul so that I may avoid evil, be zealous in the performance of good works, and abhor nothing so much as the blindness and the darkness of evil and of sin.

By your intercession with God, obtain for me perfect vision for my bodily eyes and the grace to use them for God's greater honor and glory and the salvation of all men.

Saint Lucy, virgin and martyr, hear my prayers and obtain my petitions. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment