Thursday, January 26, 2012

Babysteps...

Any step is a step in the right direction.  I have been making baby steps.  Chatted with my nephew, mailed packages to my MIL and cousin, coffee with a long-time-no-see friend, scheduled dates with other friends.  But my Happy New Year letter remains in my head and not on my computer, so I feel frustrated.  Focus on the positive and any step I make toward connections is a step in the right direction.  So I look at it like this, I have lots of friends and some I only see every few months.  If I have one day of the week that I set aside to meet them for a walk, coffee, lunch, whatever, then I am setting myself up for a whole year of connections.  And if I am not meeting someone on that day, perhaps that is the day I write a letter to a family member, update the online photo album to send out to friends and family.  I now feel inspired and invigorated!  A plan!  YAHOO!  Thanks for listening.

And say prayers as I will be at the hospital today with a BFF that is having surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment