Sunday, April 29, 2012

So many things to tell you...

that I have no idea where to start.  How about a plug for a hotel.  The boys swim team stayed there on Friday night and the hotel staff were wonderful to them!  And the place was SUPER clean with comfy beds... and that's saying something because I rarely sleep well in hotels.  So if you know me and are ever headed north of where I live about 90 minutes, give me a shout and I'll send you the recommendation.  It was really awesome.  It is a Doubletree, so they put fresh cookies in the oven for our boys when we arrived and then delivered the cookies to the boys out on the patio around the fire pits where they were hanging out and bonding.  Saturday morning breakfast wasn't supposed to open until 7 and we had to leave by 7.  Could we at least get some cereal, fruit, toast?  Oh no, they called in their staff 30 minutes early to make a full breakfast buffet for the boys including an omelet station, eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits, sausage gravy, muffins, make your own yogurt station... AMAZING! 

While we're on the subject of the swim trip (I really should be folding laundry right now, so this is it for tonight!), we had a great weekend!   Fast swims!  State qualifying swims!  2 first place trophys for one young man that had had an awful week!  And no late night wandering about the hotel or beyond by the boys.  I know.  I taped them in their rooms.  I walked the halls and checked up on them twice before going to sleep and then got up early and checked again.  I mean, they are good kids.  And they did want to swim well.  But ya never know!  And I took WORK OUT CLOTHES with me and actually WORKED OUT!  Twice.  After curfew and then again in the morning before we left.  Those of you that know me should really pick your jaw up off the ground.  I liked it.  I had to take different shoes and clothes.  I packed really light, too, so the fact that I added those things was quite surprising.  In fact, I was so preoccupied with packing the work out clothes that I forgot to pack things like deodorant and a comb.

Laundry is calling my name!  I hope you had a wonderful weekend!  hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment