Tuesday, April 17, 2012

And the day rolls on...

Am I avoiding other things that need to be done?  Yes. Mostly because they make noise and I have a sweet angel sleeping in my great room.  But I wanted to say a few things...

I battle depression.  A condition I have passed along to Teen Boy and that we've been battling together for the last 6 weeks.  He is in such a better place now, but I still carry the guilt that I didn't recognize the symptoms for what they were and not teenager-itis.  I know I need to let that go and I am hoping through writing, I will learn to let that go.  I felt like I'd been keeping a secret from you and I needed to get to a place where I could share.  I think that is some of what yesterday's black mood was about.  I don't enjoy a dark mood, but I took the opportunity to share with Teen Boy that most days are just fabulous.  But a dark day comes around every once in a while... the key is to get up the next day and plug forward in a better place. 

Happy place #1:  Today, my angels and I headed out on a walk to have lunch in the lunch room at LRHB's school.  So great!  He was really excited to see us.  Of course, I am still getting back into the swing of going places with a diaper-wearing child.  And I didn't bring a diaper bag... I brought a cooler full of lunch food!  And she had a poopy.  So I cleaned her up in the bathroom and thought, we'll just go without a diaper.  Which worked until right after lunch.  Thankfully, all of the LRHB's classmates had gone and it was just me and the angels!  And it was just a little.  I loaded her back in the wagon and off we set for home!  Late for preschool, don't bring a diaper bag when I go out, good golly I am lousy at some of my job.  I am not lousy at lovin' the small people and snuggling up for story time or teaching how to count spaces on a board game board.

Happy place #2:  College Boy landed the second part-time job that he wanted and it will have more hours than he thought!  Yes, that happened yesterday, but I forgot to celebrate!

Happy place #3:  I have lost 7.1 pounds in the last 19 days.  I feel good! 

Happy place #4:  I am going out tomorrow night to play with friends!

Happy Tuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment