Friday, March 29, 2013

Resolution #12

Send a card.  To someone.  For no reason or for a reason.  Perhaps you've heard that they are having a tough time.  Or better, a blessed time.  Maybe, you've lost touch.  Or you're the kind of friends that never lose touch because of simple gestures such as these.  Makes me think of the Hallmark commercials of the 80's and the song "reach out and touch, somebody's hand, make this world a better place if you can".  I love this resolution.

Sent a very belated condolences card to an old, old friend.  Sent one for a recent death, too.  Sent some Easter cards just updating my brothers on our busy life.  Sent one to the best friend of my childhood since I will be in her state next month.  Once I got started, I just couldn't stop.  I've got a stack that I'm carrying around now to send out whenever I get the chance to jot a few words, like while at baseball practice.  I, alone, may save the postal service.

1 comment:

  1. I used to be so good at sending cards, but it was one of the things that fell through the cracks as the kids started to outnumber me. I am really motivated to get back to it. Just need to find the time and sit down and do it! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete