Saturday, May 12, 2012

Book 21: The Reading Promise

The Reading Promise:  I just finished reading this book.  In fact, I read the ending twice... once for myself and then I read it outloud to LRHB after giving him a brief synopsis on the book.  In fact, he is pestering me right now, because it is time to get ready to go play ball and I am not dressed.  I HAD TO TELL EVERYONE TO GO GET THIS BOOK!  I will return it to the library and you can check it out.  It is moving.  POWERFUL.  Perhaps I feel this strongly because I'm a lover of books.  Passionate about books.  But, my boy put his head on my shoulder, his arm around me and comforted me while I explained the book and he saw that it had moved me to tears.  It is that POWERFUL.  I will be talking about this book, books in general and reading more.  Another time.  Play ball.  Read.  Happy Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. I loved this book my first time reading through it as well!! Have you started a reading promise with your sons? This book inspired me to create a blog to connect families that are working on reading promises. I am a fourth grade teacher and plan on using this experience to inspire the families of my students to create their own promises. I'm interested in having guests post on my blog about their reading experiences. If you are interested, please email me at khartman@cysd.k12.pa.us or visit the blog http://sinkingspringsreadingpromise.eventbrite.com/ and join in the conversation. Hope to hear from you soon!

    ReplyDelete