Monday, November 24, 2014

Resolution 31

Are you a HOARDER?  That word has such visual connotations for me... I picture the house with narrow paths to walk, with newspapers piled high, and old appliances and boxes of stuff.  I know people who have cleaned out such homes and I have heard their stories.  There are TV shows devoted to people with this affliction.  

However, I would venture to guess that we all "hoard" something.  Maybe you call it a collection and others call it out of control.  At one time it was catalogs.  I made a resolution and took myself off of all but one or two mailing lists.  I think it was magazines and I set aside every Sunday to go through a few until they were gone.  If only I hadn't kept all of those interesting recipes that I haven't tried.  Which is why I looked around and decided that I was a hoarder of recipes.  I have to tell you, I don't need three pages from a magazine explaining step-by-step how to make a lemon souffle.  If I haven't made it by now, I probably won't.  You know what else?  If I changed my mind about wanting to make it, I am pretty sure I could find 100 recipes with just a few Google clicks.  I cleared an entire notebook AND reduced an word document from about 12 pages to just 5 (it would have been 4, but I added 2 recipes this week - I can't help myself sometimes!).  Now, I have actually tried 2 new recipes just this month, so I do actually put them into action.  Just not quite as quickly as I collect them!

Look around and simplify your life, one obsession at a time.  I promise, you'll feel better for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment