Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Book 37

I love the idea of reading a book, then watching the movie, and seeing the nuances between the two.  That is probably why it is the premise behind my kid book club, but I digress.  I will often follow a link on Facebook to an article that talks about books and more specifically an article that discusses books that are going to become movies.  That is where several of the next books I read have come from.

This is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper was laugh out loud funny.  I laughed at the pool, while waiting for kids, at home; I laughed my way through the book.  Are you down?  Holiday blues?  PICK UP THIS BOOK!  So funny.  In short, a man's father has died and he must sit shiva with mother & his siblings (not close siblings).  The movie came out, and like most things, life got in the way (I couldn't send my nine year old to one movie while I went to see this one!) and I am now waiting for it to come out on Redbox.  Have I mentioned I thought this book was hysterical?  

No comments:

Post a Comment