Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Celebrate Good Times

I am the proud mother of a college graduate.  My son graduated from college in just three years.  And, he graduated Summa Cum Laude (yes, I had to look up how to spell that) with his Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry with minors in Medical Physics and Music.  And he worked while going to school, as an RA during his second year and he was the Front Desk Manager for his dorm, assisted in Lab and worked the Chemistry Help Desk at the library during his senior year.  My son!  These are the moments that we need to just step back and rejoice!  God is good! 

One set of his grandparents were able to attend along with his girl, Aunt Phil, and we, his parents.  His other set of grandparents and brothers were able to watch it LIVE over the internet (I feel compelled to mention that there are a limited number of tickets each graduate receives which is why his brothers were not actually in attendance, but hanging out in the graduate's apartment).  We celebrated with a lunch at a Mexican restaurant that he loves.  We had an open house that evening so others could join us in celebrating his accomplishment.  

Psalm 118, vs. 24 "This is the day the Lord had made.  Let us REJOICE and be glad."  I'm not sure that this was the original intent of this verse.  However, I truly thank the Lord for helping my son become such an amazing man.  I pray he will be with him as he undertakes a most difficult task, the long road to becoming a doctor.  

No comments:

Post a Comment