Sunday, September 29, 2013

Resolution 40 - Christmas Lists

As I looked at the calendar today, I realized that October was arriving this week.  In the olden days, before the LRHB, I always did my Christmas shopping in early October.  First, my boys have fall birthdays so I would pool the money, buy what they wanted and divvy it up between birthday and Christmas.  Also, my nieces and nephews don't live close to us and I would try to get ideas and gifts sent before the holiday rush.  Also, sometimes it takes time to come up with gift ideas for the grandparents, so I need to start early.

However, I have found in the last years, I haven't been planning ahead.  Part of that is as the boys got older, it was harder to shop for them.  Gift ideas for teens are expensive.  Part of it is that we've taken to travelling in the fall.  One would think that would make me better organized, but alas, it has not.

This is the year!  I am getting organized NOW.  You should join me!  Make a list, check it twice.  "It's beginning to look a lot like Chrismas!"

No comments:

Post a Comment