Sunday, September 15, 2013

60, 61, 62 and 63 All Debbie

That's right, I am still in romance-land.  I am reading and enjoying stories with happy endings.  It gets me through days that have happy endings that are harder to see.  

Let me be clear, I am very happily married.  Is he "romantic"?  Not so much so perhaps that is why I enjoy these stories.  But he loves me.  Faults and all.  I am truly blessed to have him in my world.  I am not looking for these books to fill a void.  Off the soapbox...

This is what I've discovered.  In the evenings, my little guy is motivated to read longer when I am sitting and reading alongside him.  Not the same book as him as his requirement for school is independent reading.  So I read my stuff, he reads his.  Then he finishes his reading write-up and we go off to his room to read together.  
I digress...

I've read the latest release from Debbie Macomber, Rose Harbor in Bloom, a reissue of one of her first tales, Starlight, and I've begun another one of her series, Navy.  Within that series I've read Navy Wife and Navy Brat and I've emailed the author to find out why only 5 of the 6 books in the series have been reissued.  I'm invested!

No comments:

Post a Comment