Thursday, September 27, 2012

Glad September is wrapping up...

Several times over the last week it has occurred to me that September is a month of mourning for me.  I mean, yes the kids went back in August, but there are all those back-to-school things to be doing and seeing friends that have been doing their summer thing.  But September really means back to school.  End of summer.  No more pool or lazy summer days.  Another year, another grade passed.  Perhaps it is because I have a senior that I have been waxing nostalgic.  Yes, the fall colors are pretty.  But the reality is the leaves are dying.  Cooler nights.  Okay, the snuggling part is nice do to the cooler weather, but wearing a sweatshirt... depressing.  Perhaps it is doing all the stuff to get ready for all of the fall things that is overbearing.  Or addressing all of the chores that fell to the wayside last month whilst we were cramming in one more pool trip.  But, I can tell from my clothes, that I have been eating my way through September.  Emotional eating, yeppers, that's me. 

However, like all good things, the mourning must come to an end and I must embrace FALL and the good things it brings.  Starting tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment