Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet

No, that isn't someplace I've been to visit.  It is the title of a Jamie Ford book that I just finished.  Facinating tale combining the facts of being Japanese in America during WWII, with a treasure hunt and a love story (although I doubt the author would want it classified that way as it would be less appealing to men).  Although the story bounces back and forth between between the mid-1980's and WWII, the tale was easy to follow, the characters were flawed, but identifiable and overall it reminded me a bit of Forest Gump as the author touched on several issues current in the time. 

I am trying to remember how I found this book, but for the life of me I have no idea.  However, I would definitely recommended it!

No comments:

Post a Comment