Monday, June 4, 2012

WEEK 23... We are almost halfway!

So resolution 18... take 10 deep cleansing breaths each day.  Yes, still working my way up to 10.  When I started:  I would take one, two, three...cough, hack, cough, cough wheeze, stop.  Actually, that may have started at cough 2, but I worked my way up to three and then four and then I shared this story at breakfast when I was out of town at boys state swimming.  The coach and the team managers (sweet girls) thought I was crazy, until they actually tried it.  Resulting in fits of laughter.  So apparently, this is not something we're programed to be good at doing.  BUT, 4 weeks later and I CAN DO IT.  Take 10 deep cleansing breaths.  Now, I'm not sure that I feel that much better after doing it, but if I can do it for 4 more weeks, maybe I'll figure that out too.

Resolution 19 was to clean the ceiling fans.  Do you know we have 5 of them?!  I do, because teen boy moved the ladder around the house and held it while I was up on it cleaning.  And just in time because the heat of summer has arrived and we need those fans going!  And they were icky leading me to think that perhaps more than once a year cleaning would be good, but really, it was about 2 hours of work by 2 of us.  Granted, he spent a fair amount of time standing around.

Resolution 20:  not only is the weighted hoop out of the closet, but I have worked my way up to 3 minutes.  Now, that may not sound like much, but I can actually go around several times without it falling to the ground AND I can actually work on it for more than a minute.  So growth.  Take that.

Resolution 21:  Catalogs.  Got another one in the mail.  Some of them come because I am in their "club", like the Lego one.  Which we want to keep coming.  This one came because of a membership we have.  So this morning I got on with the live chat and cancelled it.  Rockin!

Resolution 22:  Summer Contracts.  Yes, even TB did one.  We discussed his goals (building something) and my goals (summer reading in a timely fashion, not the week before school starts).  His was half the size of LRHB probably because he has half the time due to coaching a swim team, teaching swim lessons and life guarding.  Busy boy.  LRHB and I discussed it and in the end, he came around to my way of thinking.  Although we fulfilled the terms of the contract for last week, the first week of summer, it was crammed into 2 days.  I am hoping we get into a mode of doing some each day instead.  And really, the only reason we got it all done in 2 days was because of the rain.  And our outdoor pool being closed for repair.  That's right, second weekend of summer and the outdoor pool needs to be fixed.  REALLY!?

Week 23:  My resolution is to develop a prayer journal.  I have been considering this for some time. It usually comes to mind while I am in a bible study and then is gone when the bible study session is over.  But having been inspired by The boy who came back from Heaven, I have decided that this is this week's goal.  That sounds easy enough.  But it also means that I have to devote time each day to it.  And I gotta figure that part out.  Another reason that I am doing it is I am a visual learner.  And writing helps to seal stuff in my mind.  And when I was swimming laps the other day, I couldn't remember the correct order of the first chapter of Genesis.  That's right, what I learned in Lent, I already forgot.  BUT instead of sweeping it under the rug, my goal is to fix it.  Now maybe a prayer journal isn't your thing, but a summer journal is more your goal.  Or journalling your babies journey in a baby book.  Hopefully, you too can find a way to be inspired by this week's resolution!  Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment