Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Disney Blog Day 4

Castaway Cay.  Disney's private island.  This was the part of the vacation that I had been awaiting.  If I could have spent two days here, I would have been in heaven!  

We walked from the ship to the beach area and picked up our snorkel equipment.  After claiming a chair and slathering ourselves in sunscreen, we headed to the snorkel area.  It took a bit for LRHB to get used to the equipment, but then the world below the surface opened up to him and he loved it.  WE loved it.  We snorkeled about 75-90 minutes before returning to the shore.  He ran of to play with his admirers while I read (what else did you think I was going to do!).  After a mediocre lunch (that's actually a generous assessment), we explored some other areas of beach one.  We never made it to beach two!  Eventually, we headed back in for another long snorkeling session.  When we returned, people were packing it in for the day.  I discovered that the beach would close in about 35 minutes and that we had a bit more than an hour to be back on board.  Fabulous!  We moved our stuff and took advantage of the empty beach.  He tried to stand on flat floaties and inner tubes.  He floated while I watched, laughed and encouraged, all with my toes in the water!  Every five minutes they would announce how much longer until the beach closed.  At 4:24 pm, they announced five more minutes.  A minute later, they closed the beach!  What!  This is now commonly referred to around the house as when we got "kicked off the beach".  We were the only ones there and I guess they wanted us to go.  BTW, we were not in danger of missing the ship because we were on board a mere 8 minutes later.  


No comments:

Post a Comment