Friday, July 20, 2012

Less is More...

Recently I posted a response on FB to a friend that was having trouble with her boys listening.. I commented that it was going around and finally, I had Hero Daddy step in to discipline the LRHB and that it was helping.  A lot.  First, as it turns out, Hero Daddy is an ember... slow to burn but when he catches fire, WATCH OUT!  Second infraction results in no Xbox for 6 months. Do the math... that would be into the year 2013!  So, at this point, LRHB is viewing Hero Daddy as the bad guy and I'm getting more cooperation... I said more, not a lot more.  Hmmm.  Then I read the following blog: 
http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5210666514284011945#overview/src=dashboard

I began thinking about what she wrote... and I thought oh no, he'd be arguing about the bear.  Then I remembered the incident about 2 weeks ago where I saw lightening at the pool and ordered him out and  promptly left the pool area.  Now, the guards hadn't seen it, they didn't blow the whistle, but HE LISTENED.  He got out of the pool area and left with me with no complaint.  I do feel like my days are spent in a constant debate with him.  So I am going to remember that sometimes, less is more.  Less patience, more obedience

In spite of the mouthiness, I do not think the following thought, "I cannot wait until school starts."  That just doesn't even come to me in the worst of moments (being kicked by the 7 year old while enduring a migraine headache... which was when I brought Hero Daddy in resulting in being pelted by two dozen nerf gun darts thrown - not shot - at me.).  In spite of the difficult moments, I LOVE SUMMER!  I have less than 4 weeks left in this summer... the last summer of Teen Boy the high schooler.  Next summer, college boy will be applying to medical schools... life is passing so quickly... to all good paths but nevertheless, passing quickly.  Breathe deep and be thankful that you have another X number of weeks of summer because it will be gone in the blink of an eye.  Less is more.  Less time, more enjoyment.  Less chores, more games.  Less stress, more relaxation.  Well, 3 out of 4 ain't bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment