Thursday, July 26, 2012

Chat of the week...

Everywhere I go, everyone is talking about how the summer is just about over.  I just feel like SCREAMING!  I know it is almost over... does it HAVE TO DOMINATE EVERY CONVERSATION?  I'm not like most of the moms I know.  I don't think there has EVER been a first day of school that I didn't cry, out of sadness not joy.  I miss my brood.  And nothing brings home that they are growing up any plainer than the start of a new school year.  I get that they are only mine for a little while, my job is to grow them up to leave me.  But each new school year is like a slap in the face.  So for now, when we meet, can we just talk about the weather because I'm crying now and I may just burst into tears when you mention school.  Thursday.  In three weeks, all three will be in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment