Friday, July 20, 2012

Círculo de Lectores - Book Club

Style, Sex and Substance, 10 Catholic Women Consider the Things that Really Matter edited by Hallie Lord was our Late June/Early July Bible Study Book Club read and it was a great choice.  Entertaining blogs by Catholic women that gave me bits to laugh about and bits to consider as well.  I find that when I enjoy a book that I've read, I can tell how much I enjoy it by how much time I spend sharing about it after.  I've become The Reading Promise disciple sharing every place I encounter parents this amazing tale of devoted parenthood and the power of reading.  I sent copies of The Girls from Ames to my girls from Burke.  And last night, I was recalling some of Style... to my mom recounting the blog about what Mary would look like today (this after mom told me she didn't care how commercialized Lourdes, France was, she wanted to go there and I said so go).

If you are a Catholic woman, I would HIGHLY recommend this book!  It has chapters about style, marriage, girlfriends, motherhood, being single... so something for everyone.  It is an easy read... you could read just a couple blogs, put it away and come back later to read a couple more.  I couldn't find it at the Library, so if you want to borrow my copy, let me know and I'd be more than happy to get it to you.

If you are a Catholic man, check out this blog:  http://www.creativeminorityreport.com/2012/03/10-reasons-not-to-buy-style-sex.html about a dude that read it and his take on the whole thing.  Ladies, do not panic about the title; you too should read it and find out why it is so titled.

I have a feeling as I encounter more of my Catholic friends as the summer wraps up and we return to school, I'll be sharing my delight in this book with them.  Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment