Monday, December 8, 2014

Book 56

Unbroken is coming out in theaters on Christmas Day.  And I am going to see this film with my dad, like I did Monument's Men last February.  Unbroken is the story of a WWII soldier, an Olympian, and his life.  I'm not telling you anything you can't learn from watching the trailer or reading the book jacket when I say he spent time in a POW camp.  I will say that it was a VERY difficult book to read.  I had to put it down and take a break several times because it was hard to read.  What wasn't hard to read about was his faith.  Although I finished this book after the next three books that I will tell you about, I wanted to tell you about it first since I started it first.  

It is a powerful, well-written story about a man of great faith that stumbles and falls and picks himself up again and again.  I love biographies and history, so the fact that I did love this book isn't really a surprise.  It isn't an easy book to read, but it is worth it.  And sometimes when people know that about a book, that it pays off in the end, it helps them through the tough parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment