Wednesday, November 20, 2013

79

I have been wracking my brain to remember the book I read prior to 29 Gifts by Cami Walker.  Then I noticed that I posted 1 week ago about two books and realize that I didn't misplace a book in my mind.  This WAS the next book I read.  And it took a whole week.  Not because it wasn't good or well written or anything like that.  More to do with Resolutions 47/48 than anything else.

I found a card when cleaning out the desk drawers (remember that?  Resolution 6, 2013) that had some books that I had written down back in 2010.  That may have been what led to the New Year's Resolution of 2011 which was to read books again.  So, I've read none of those books and I added them to my books to read list that I keep in a spreadsheet along with the books I want to read.  And a few weeks ago, I realized that I would need some books to keep me occupied over the upcoming break and got them from the library.  Of course, this one is already due and cannot be renewed so I hopped right on it.

At first, I'll be honest, I didn't know if I could stick with it and finish it.  It is non-fiction so the author is truly honest and not that likable in the beginning of the book.  But the growth displayed through the book and the power that she gains is addicting!  Definitely a recommended read!

No comments:

Post a Comment