Tuesday, November 12, 2013

77, 78

I FINALLY read the Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.  Of course, Teen Boy has his set at school so I am borrowing them from the library.  All those months they just sat and sat in his room waiting for me to come get them.  But in the moment that he requested we bring them to him, I remembered that the next movie is coming out.  I NEED TO FINALLY READ THESE BOOKS was my only thought.  So I got the first from the library and plowed through it.  I could picture it from the movie as I was reading it.  Now, if I recall correctly, the book and movie are quite similar.  I think I need to see the movie again.  However, in the meantime, I got the E-book of the next one from the library.  Or so I thought.  It was the audio version so I returned it and put my name down for the real book.  Which I am hoping to have by this jam-packed weekend so I can ignore all of the things I need to do and read it!

I read another of Debbie's nonfiction books, One Upon a Time.  She really is an inspiration, what she overcame to become a writer.  This book talks about the story of our life and how our life is truly a story.  She shares more of herself in this book and then gives the reader prompts to begin to share more about their lives.  I am wondering if these are good jumping off points for a family reunion to come in the future.  I cannot see myself writing in a journal about these topics, as I know she hopes that her readers do.  I would rather pick up another book and get lost in it.  But it did give me pause.  And it is written to be quite an easy read.  Those of you looking for a new take on New Year's Resolutions might just enjoy taking her prompts out for a spin.  And there are more than 12 so you could pick and choose one a month to tackle/explore.



No comments:

Post a Comment