Sunday, December 9, 2012

Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!

I've spent most of the day under an afghan knitted by my mom, listening to/watching football, in front of a fire while the first appearance of snow this fall covers the ground.  I read and ate.  And ate and read.  My boys surrounded me coming and going.  Games.  Reading with LRHB.  All is calm, all is bright.  It has been a lovely day.  The rat race will begin anew tomorrow, but for today, we kept it at bay.

On Friday, I came home from work and discovered NEW CHRISTMAS LIGHTS hanging from our home (and they WORK!) and the tree put up in my family room.  We've taken turns all weekend long decorating it and decorating the home.  It does look a bit like Christmas around here!  Not as much as some years, but I'm okay with that.  This week, I am going to make a list of all the things I want to do with my family during the holiday break.  It may be work (clean out the top of closets) or fun (go look at Christmas lights with cocoa in cups with tops) or inspirational (a college graduation) or devotional (a Christmas pageant).  But if it isn't written down, it won't get done.  And it might not all get done, but the first step in accomplishing a goal as I have discovered this year is writing it down.  I'm also going to have the boys make a list.  I know College Boy will list finish his MCAT prep class, but hopefully something fun as well.  I know that Teen Boy will list sleep, but hopefully he'll include the name of a novel he wants to read for fun and get away from his computer.  LRHB will probably list Risk.  UGH.  And Xbox.  Double UGH.  And playing football... better! I'll let you know the highlights and lowlights and if my predictions are on track.  Take some time and make a list before the Holidays pass you by!  Resolution 50. 

No comments:

Post a Comment