Sunday, December 30, 2012

Final Book Post 2012

64 books read in 2012!

I've always loved reading!  For many years, though, the only reading I did was on vacation or to my children.  And I've always read to the boys, since they were infants.  Two years ago, I decided that I would get back into reading and made that a resolution.  I accomplished that resolution, however, I really only read one genre, mostly one author.  Having accomplished that and learning of so many other books out there, I decided to branch out.  I cut back on the amount of time I purposelessly spent on the computer.  I cut back on some of the TV shows I watched and I devoted that time to reading.  I wrote down title after title after title and ordered book after book after book from my library.  This year, I've read 64 books.  I find that to be amazing!  And I still have a long list of books!  I am hoping to achieve the goal I kinda set last year for the upcoming year:  a book a week, or 52 books during the year.  Care to join me on my reading adventure in 2013?  Share some titles with me as I will continue to do with you.

The final 3 books I read in 2012 were romance novels, and contained short & sweet Christmas stories.  I read Glad Tidings by Debbie Macomber which I thoroughly enjoyed, of course. I also read Christmas Getaway and Christmas Weddings both featuring various authors.  The latter was so-so but the former was entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment