Friday, December 21, 2012

IT STARTS... THE TOPS OF 2012 LISTS


Top 12 List 2012

1.      The Reading Promise by Alice Ozma – changed how I thought about reading to my emerging reader and inspired me to start a book club with my son’s friends.

2.      Pampered Chef Mix and Chop – I was sold initially on how well it breaks down ground meat (beef, turkey, sausage) when you are cooking it.  But the possibilities are endless!  Mixing meatloaf, chopping chicken for chicken salad, making guacamole!  It is a favorite kitchen tool.

3.      My Keurig Coffee Maker.  I am so much richer this year as I am not handing over dollar after dollar to Starbucks to get my morning going.  Don’t get me wrong, I love my Starbucks, but now that I’m headed quickly to 50, that morning java has gone from enjoyable to mandatory!

4.      Bracelets by Give Jewelry - What started as a traveling surfer's promise to a child in an orphanage in Bali Indonesia became an international movement.  Please don't forget about us!  It was the plea of an older child as the surfer was leaving for the airport after an extended stay.  "Don't worry; I won't," came the answer, steady and sure.  And he didn't. And he hasn't.

I’ve given these bracelets as birthday and graduation gifts this year.  My favorite style is the charm bracelet but there are some many choices, something for everyone.  1 bracelet – 1 child – 1 week of nutritious food 

5.      Momastery – It is a blog where Love wins and We Can Do Hard Things.  It’s a place to go to love and be loved.  A safe haven.  Read this:  http://momastery.com/blog/2012/01/04/2011-lesson-2-dont-carpe-diem/ and then click the link at the top Momastery which will give you the whole picture. Women need this place.

6.      Emerald Natural Walnuts & Almonds in 100 calorie packs.  Yummy on the go.

7.      Skweet Sport Bottle Wash – An all natural and non-toxic way to clean and deodorize sports bottles without the soapy after-taste.  Necessary for college students that may not even have a sink in their room.  http://www.skweetclean.com/

8.      . http://www.etsy.com/shop/Art4thesoul - Renewing a love for the Saints, artist Ann Burt paints Retablos.  Retablos are small devotional paintings of the Saints or other Holy Images.  Got one for my Goddaughter for her confirmation; not only did she like it, but her mother messaged me also that it was beautiful. 

9.      Arbonne  Feeling Fit Kit – The 30 day fitness challenge helped me to lose 6 lbs and 1.5 inches from my waist and hips.  I’ve managed to keep it off for more than 6 months.

10. Katie – The new Katie Couric show is really good.  Okay, so I don’t watch all of every episode, but I love how she bounces from topic to topic both within a show and from day to day.  It makes me smile.

11. Ghiradelli Dark and Orange Filled Chocolate Bar – I can actually stop after just one square and be so very happy (sure I wish I could eat it all in one sitting, but at $4 a bar…)

12. Blogging – I love it.  I love sharing my thoughts and ideas and the books I’ve read.  I never thought of myself as a writer before (and some would say I still shouldn’t!  LOL)

Top 12 Books

I wanted to fill my top 12 list with books, but stuck with the one that has impacted my day to day life.  However, here are the 12 ten books I would recommend from 2012 (and I read more than 60 this year!)

1.      Bloom by Kelle Hampton (memoir)

2.      Left to Tell by Immaculee Ilibagiza (memoir)

3.      I Will Carry You by Angie Smith (memoir)

4.      Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers (Historical Romance)

5.      The Girls from Ames Jeffrey Zaslow (nf, memoir-ish)

6.      Bossypants Tina Fey (memoir)

7.      Muriel’s War:  An American Heiress in the Nazi Resistance (biography) by Sheila Eisenberg

8.      The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh (fiction)

9.      Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jaime Ford (fiction)

10. Cedar Cove Series by Debbie Macomber (romance)

11. Stephanie Plum Series by Janet Evanovich (mystery)

12. A Dog Named Christmas by Greg Kincaid (fiction, xmas)

No comments:

Post a Comment