Monday, October 21, 2013

Books 71 and 72

I found another series to read!  Not a romance series but a mystery series (yes, another mystery series).  The heroine has a split personality.  It took a little bit to get into the groove of the different personalities that come into play just by turning the page.  But it made me laugh!  And I was so hooked that I've already got the next one waiting for me at the library.  Oh, you want to know the book title?  Me, Myself and Why? by Mary Janice Davidson.

On a completely different note, the next book I read is called Moloka'i by Alan Brennert.  It is historical fiction and it has just enough history to keep it frighteningly real.  In fact, several times I had to check the book binder to make sure that it was fiction.  But as I read the author's notes, the characters and many events are based upon diaries and testimonials.  I had checked out a nonfiction book about the same topic, the Leprosy colony on Moloka'i, however, I put it back into the library bag to return, cover unopened.  I just couldn't read another story about this devastating treatment of people.  It was easy to hang in with the book to find out how the main character survived her affliction.  She was such a likable character that I cried and laughed with her throughout the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment