Sunday, October 6, 2013

Resolution 27

Clean Out the Freezer...

I had a flashback in the shower the other day.  It was Fourth of July.  I had a sinus infection and was feeling pretty lousy.  Everyone was headed in different directions or staying put.  I think it was during a car shuffle that I found it... an open freezer.  I just couldn't yell. The last one in had gotten a freezer pop for the sick momma.  Ugh.  How bad was it?

Well, I didn't have to throw anything away.  However, I was subjected to cooking and cooking and cooking for a couple hours.  Marinades.  Cooking meat.  Throwing stuff in the crock pot.  Grilling.  We ended up not venturing out to our events that evening and ate at home.  Crock pot baked beans and grilled shrimp and grilled pork roast.  An eclectic mix, yet there wasn't enough of either the shrimp or the pork to serve it on its own.

The upside (other than not having to cook for several days) was that everything was out of the freezer, it was hot enough to defrost the freezer and wipe it down.

It wasn't that I chose this resolution, rather it chose me.  So I will give it a number... 26.  As summer concludes and fall rushes in, this might be your last chance til next summer to thaw and clean your freezer.  Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment