Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Book #16

Wild
by Cheryl Strayed

13 & 14/50 2015 Book Challenge:  A book that became a movie, A book you started, but never finished

It took me months, but I finally finished this book.  I started listening to it in the car last fall, but then I had to return it to the library.  Then I got it out again, but still failed to finish it.  Now that College Boy has a car and I don't have to fetch him, I don't have as much time in the car to listen.  The other thing cutting into my listening to books in the car time is that my husband has made several of the last trips with me for different sporting events.  In the past, he was content to just let me and LRHB go.  I love that he is spending this time with us!  Finally, I checked out the real deal and finished the book.  Actually, I checked out the electronic version, but it wasn't the audio book.  

I wanted to see the movie; in fact I still do.  The book is a true story about a woman who walked the Pacific Coast Trail.  It is the west coast version of the Appalachian Trail.  I mean, I admire her gumption, but geez she was kinda an idiot.  My dad saw the movie and he is a really nice guy.  But he thought she was a COMPLETE idiot.  Which is why I am only willing to pay Redbox prices to see the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment