Saturday, December 7, 2013

Books 80-85

Why did I fight it so hard?  I mean, everyone said the Hunger Games Trilogy was amazing.  Teen Boy loved the series and even College Boy read them!  Finally, I am on the train and leaving the station.  I have now finished Catching Fire the second book in Suzanne Collin's Hunger Games series.  And I've seen the movie.  I am actually pretty impressed with how true the movies stay to the books.  I loved it!  Of course, I didn't pick up the final book.  I think I will wait til next fall and read it before the movie comes out.  Maybe.  (UGH, I just discovered they are making the final book into two movies... why do they do this to me?!)

The next book I read on vacation was Hasty Wedding by Debbie Macomber.  This must have been one of her earlier books.  I mean, I enjoyed it and it was a quick read, but I had to go back and look at it to remember what it was about.  

I hesitate to call book 82 a real book.  I only read one story in a book of Christmas romance stories.  And I didn't enjoy it.  I tried to quit and move on, but I am generally not quitter.  I've decided I just don't care for this author as I believe I've tried her before.  Anyway, I read Making Spirits Bright by Fern Michaels and I loved the premise.  It just seemed a bit contrived and rushed.  

The final three books I read on vacation were a series by Margaret Brownley, A Rocky Creek Romance.  These books are historical fiction and that is where the similarity starts and ends.  Each story was unique and delightful.  We didn't visit with all of the characters from book 2 in book 3 like you get in some series, but the characters from book 1 were prevalent in both sequels.  The books, A Lady Like Sarah, A Suitor for Jenny and A Vision of Lucy are detailed and twisty and I found myself disappointed when I read that the last book was indeed the last of the series.  In the future, I will try other books by this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment