Wednesday, May 29, 2013

House of Crazy

Let me start by saying that I am INCREDIBLY BLESSED.  I am and I know it.  However, it doesn't mean that I can't poke some fun at myself and my family that BLESSED me with their presence.  They all clean up after themselves, they all fix their own breakfast and lunch and mostly they just love us to pieces.  But, apparently after living far, far away from my family for the last 19 years, I've gotten used to small holiday events.  Something I NEVER thought I'd say.  Mind you, I did house of CRAZY two years ago, but I wasn't working so maybe that is why it was easier/less stressful.  Even though I took four days off.  And I didn't have to go with the swim team far away for the state meet, so that made life easier.  Yet, life was Crazy.  Crazy, Crazy Crazy and I wouldn't have had it any other way.  The one smart thing I did do, was go back ALL DAY after my four days off.  Second to last day of school carries its own crazy, but one that seemed easier.

I cannot point to any one thing that made life Crazy.  Perhaps it was just the culmination of everything.  Work.  Staples in the LRHB's head.  Broken plumbing.  A non-driving graduate that had to be chauffeured everywhere the entire time including grad rehearsal and every party.  Having a party at the house where almost everyone came in the first 30 minutes.  Who knew 6 pm was a good party time?  Did I mention the graduate was on CRUTCHES?  Oh yes, nothing easy.   Perhaps it was the baseball game that got SLEETED out.  Or fitting in an MRI, and having to wait and wait and wait for the results, not knowing what the summer held.  Perhaps it was the blending of everyone's different lives in one home for 10 days (think TV - some watch nothing but sports, some watch 24/7 but game shows and news).  But everything was special.  Watching the grad chat with the grandparents about stuff.  Or play cards.  Or watch movies.  Watching all of them adore the LRHB when he was injured or playing baseball or making his First Holy Communion.  College Boy putting family first to be here for first one brother's big day and then the other's big day on a different day and still finding time to spend with the grandparents.  It was crazy, and blessed and special.

And to think, we have another graduation next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment