Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Books, Books, 18-21!


  1. Summer Sisters by Judy Blume is not unlike Forever in that is pushes ones comfort levels when it comes to the topic of sex while telling a compelling tale.  If Forever made you uncomfortable, pass this one up.  
  2. Starting Now by Debbie Macomber is a return to her Blossom Street Series.  We visited with old characters and met new ones in this delightful tale.  If you haven't read this series, it is a great trip to Seattle with characters that are easy to befriend.  It starts with The Shop on Blossom Street.
  3. I returned to the nonfiction with When Bad Things Happen to Good People by Harold S. Kushner, a rabbi.  This book originally released in 1981 carries words of wisdom true still today.  A go-to book perhaps not initially for the one in the midst of the grieving, but rather for those around them.  This is a go back and read kind of book for people that truly want to be present and helpful during grief.  Thanks to my dear friend J.J. for recommending it!
  4. Carry On, Warrior is a book I actually pre-ordered and then didn't even read quickly.  In fact, I treasured it slowly, a little at a time, fearing the day that is would be finished and I wouldn't have it to read.  I desperately wanted to meet author Glennon Doyle Melton on April 11th and have her sign it, but (sigh) it was Hero Daddy's birthday and he came first.  I LOVED this book and as soon as my Crazy Mama returns it to me, I will promptly have to pass it along, again.  At my kids book club, I read the other moms excerpts from it and they all want to read it.  That's why Crazy Mama has it.  It made me laugh, OUT LOUD; it made me cry, ALSO OUT LOUD, not that quiet sniffling thing.  Get it.  Now.  Read and Share.  Now, how many books have I said that about?
  5. Opposites Attract (story 1 of Rules of Play) by Nora Roberts is my most recent read.  I would hide out at night and fall into the story while I was living in the house of crazy during graduation week.  Don't get me wrong, I love the house of crazy and will detail it in a separate post.  However, sometimes a good old fashioned romance is the perfect escape.  I hadn't read my good friend Nora in several years, so it was a nice reunion.  I have started the second story and hopefully will find that as brainless and entertaining. 

No comments:

Post a Comment