Monday, April 21, 2014

Books 15-17

I don't want you to think that I have abandoned my terrific reading passion.  I have not.  I read three books that I haven't had the opportunity to tell you about and I am in the middle of two others, sort of.

The Book Thief by Markus Zuzak took me awhile to get through.  Not because it wasn't fabulous, it was!  But just because it did.  It was full of detail and I found myself having to catch myself up when I would be gone from it for more than a day.  And since last month was filled with boys on Spring Break (3 kids, 3 different Spring Breaks), my reading time came in bursts.  It was fabulous!  Totally loved it!  Grateful for the recommendation from my sisters-in-law.  Can't wait to see how the movie does the book!

I also read Where Courage Calls another installment in the Janette Oke Canadian West series.  It is actually a stand alone book, designed to accompany the show that aired this winter on the Hallmark Channel, "When Calls the Heart".  The show is lovely, truly family friendly in the spirit of Little House on the Prairie series. The book was also lovely, removing the bitter taste in my mouth from the last book that I had read in the series (it was just disappointing and apparently I am still bitter).

I've read Blossom Street Brides by my favorite author, Debbie Macomber.  I read it in a single afternoon, cherishing every moment of it.  Then I received it as a gift on CD's from my mother.  I hadn't the heart to tell her I'd already read it, so I am honoring the gift and listening it to it again.  I do so love her storytelling (Debbie's) and I am loving listening to it again!  I make a lot of trips that are 60-75 minutes long, sometimes 3 and 4 times a week.  When I am alone, I am no longer alone.  I am surrounded by my "friends" from Blossom Street.  If you've not read this series, I encourage you to do so!  It is every bit as delicious as the Cedar Cove series.

The other book I am reading is for another online class I am taking.  I'll update you when I've finished.  I am sad to say that it is really cutting into my reading for pleasure time as it is not a light as the book required by the last class I took.

No comments:

Post a Comment