Monday, April 21, 2014

#1

I am taking a moment out of our regularly scheduled program to tell you that I will return with my resolutions.  However, I am quickly telling you about two resolutions, to be numbered later.
  1. Strength Training - I am getting older and it will make me stronger and less likely to incur injuries.  Prevent defense.
  2. Setting a Goal and Reaching It - I have always been fascinated by a specific race run Memorial Day Weekend.  This year, I am going to cross it off my non-existent, except in my own mind, bucket list.  I am setting a goal and working toward it.  It requires that I stay healthy (please pray) and that I stick to a very strict exercise regimen (btw, I just learned how to spell a new word).  I will be following an App and getting on the treadmill 6 days a week.  
This is when I tell myself, I can do anything for 5 weeks.  Just 35 days from now I will hopefully be telling you all about how fabulous I am.  Well, you already know that so perhaps I will be telling you about how fabulous my race was.  Or sleeping.  

Additional bonuses might be that I am a trimmer version of me when this is done.  But that is a byproduct, not the goal.  The goal is the race.  Everything else is just gravy.  YUMMMM!  I love gravy!

PS.  I am pushing myself to document this journey by writing a brief note daily to hold myself accountable.  I am being held accountable on the strength training by a co-worker.

No comments:

Post a Comment