Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Life Just Can't Wait

Life just can't wait for me to sit at a computer.  I do not have a laptop or tablet to type up as I spend two hours a morning at the pool deck or two and a half hours at the baseball diamond.  Although I am no longer by the pool deck in the mornings, as LRHB as traded in his Speedo for his Mako bat, I am now running Camp Mom.  This special place is where I spend my day entertaining a kid that wants to be on the go all the time, but must rest so that he can give it his ALL during All-star baseball.  No sitting lazily by the recreation pool while he squirrels away his time playing until the storms roll in each afternoon.  No time to get caught up on writing or reading as I am playing every board game that we own (I'll let you know in the future my opinions on that particular topic!).  We spend mornings watching a movie, afternoons playing games and eating dinner at 4 to head out for the field where the bugs bite and the rain comes and life is alive with the sounds of baseball.

Movies, believe it or not, is the topic of today's post.  We have watched some incredible films, based on true stories, that are inspiring.  I wanted to share them with you.  I get my films at the Library.  I go on, request them and pick them up.  FREE!

  • Glory Road
  • The Greatest Game Ever Played
  • Rudy
  • Invincible
  • Million Dollar Arm
  • Rookie of the Year
  • Eight Below
  • Radio

These movies may not have gotten the same press as movies such as Remember the Titans, Miracle or Hoosiers (which we have watched so many times that we can quote them), but they have the same message of overcoming hardship through perseverance that young people today need to see.  

No comments:

Post a Comment