Sunday, August 19, 2012

Books vs. TV another round

It is a constant battle in my world... my passion for reading and my addiction to TV.  While the TV won for the 2+weeks of the Olympics from London, books won this week as I dumped another show from my DVR.  I had 4 episodes of Royal Pains waiting to be watched.  But the idea of watching them left me feeling blah blah blah.  So I dumped them and cancelled the DVR.  It was a good show, but I think that it was missing something this year... it seemed forced.  And while one might argue that I had been busy and that the Olympics did dominate my TV for two weeks, the other side of the coin is that I am completely up-to-date on Necessary Roughness, another of my summer shows.  Didn't miss an episode, Olympics be damned.  True also for Covert Affairs.  Thus, the cancellation.  Finished up the Glee Project and was quite pleased with the winner!  And I am almost done with the Closer... harder to keep up on that cause I watch it with Hero Daddy.  So for this week, books win, TV suffers a loss and life goes on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment