Monday, January 12, 2015

Resolution #2

Resolution # 2 - De-Clutter the Kitchen

I mean, everyone means to de-clutter their home.  Some people are natural at it and others have to work at it.  I fall somewhere in the middle.  I am all in for "when it doubt, throw it out", but there are times I get caught up in the "hold onto it" movement for sentimental or practical reasons.  I find, I am getting better at clearing out as I age.  

Someone on FB posted a link to a de-clutter calendar for January.
http://www.home-storage-solutions-101.com/declutter-calendar-january.html
Ideally, you spend 15 minutes a day and at the end of the month, the KITCHEN will be done.  I am assuming that we will progress through the home.  This is new to me.  However, I am IN.  I am giving this a try.  It being the 12th of the month, however, I am a bit behind.  I printed the calendar and instead of following it day by day, I am crossing off the ones I complete, saving the longer, more difficult, time-intensive tasks for later in the month (see day 2).  

I do pledge that the de-clutter theme will only be ONE resolution a month, but one I will have to keep on working on throughout the month.

I am happy to say that I finally have put all of the pictures back on shelves and walls.  I am unhappy to report I have 5 boxes of stuff piled on a table (no longer in my bedroom) that I must figure out.

No comments:

Post a Comment